Monday, July 21, 2008

Free to blow stuff up

I took this picture of the kids on the Fourth of July as we were heading out to a BBQ and fireworks with friends. It's so rare that I get all 3 to sit down and pose for me these days, and I thought this one turned out cute. I can't believe how fast they are growing up.
Our kids love fireworks, and luckily, for them, we get to blow things up 2 weeks during July. Pioneer Day is heavily celebrated in our state (I never had heard that it was an official holiday until I moved here almost 13 years ago) and is coming up on the 24th. We're already hearing the fireworks popping around the neighborhood as soon as the sun goes down. So, we'll probably bust some out on Thursday too, just cuz it's fun! Sparklers, anyone?
We have been running around quite a bit and I didn't get to post on the 4th, but during this month we are especially grateful for the freedoms that we enjoy in this country and pray that God will continue to bless us, and guide the leaders of our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment