Friday, July 25, 2008

Bead Mania


My little beaders


Mom's Birthday Bracelet

My girls are suddenly very interested in a hobby that used to be JUST mine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, what little girl doesn't love making and wearing jewelry. It all started when Savannah was planning to go to a friend's birthday party last week. She thought it would be fun to make a bracelet to tie in the bow on top of the gift. She used the design board and created a pattern, then strung it herself. All I did was tie the knot and make sure to dab a bit of glue on it so it wouldn't break 5 minutes after it was gifted. She then made another just like it, for herself. (girl after my own heart :)) In the following week she has made a few more things and always asks to make more when she is bored. I think she likes making them more than she likes wearing them though. Maybe we can stockpile some gifts for her friends. Sydney even wants to get in on the act, which can be treacherous, choking hazard anyone? So, now the rule is, no beading when Sydney is awake...which is generally the rule for Mommy too. (since it's too stressful to begin with to try to be creative and fend off clingy-girl at the same time!) I just wish I had more time available to actually do it....I recently completed a bracelet for my Mom's birthday (see picture) and it's the first I've done this summer with all the kids in tow. (it happened between 10pm and midnight though.) Is anybody else excited for school to start next month?

3 comments:

  1. Love your new blog background. Way to go savannah on being crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much your kids have grown since I saw them in January! That little Savi is turning into a young lady right before my eyes! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your little girl is old enough to be beading. I remember coming and visiting when she was just this cute tiny this baby. Now she is this beautiful little girl. Wow time flies. I'm sure I will be saying the same thing about Summer in a few years. See you soon at Christine's wedding. I'm in charge of the music and I'm a little worried I am going to screw it up. Aachh. Love ya, Lisa

    ReplyDelete