Friday, July 3, 2009

Time Flies

OK, that title is a total understatement.

I think I knew going into this month that it was going to be a bit crazy. That was what I KNEW about. Not to mention the things that hit you while you're buzzing along at a break-neck pace.

There are so many awesome, UNawesome, and fun things I could've been posting about. But I was living them and there wasn't much downtime to ponder, and write. I've missed that outlet. And I'm sad that I didn't get it down while it was fresh, and all those reactions are surging.

However, here is the list of things that were notable in the last few weeks:
(I am hoping that things will be considerably more calm in the next couple weeks and I can go back and tell the full story..this is my journal, after all, and I'd love to be able to look back and remember the details)

*The last day of school, on the way to see UP, we are rear-ended in front of the trax train light. Nobody hurt, but gosh, that process is not fun, and we're still not repaired because we havn't been home long enough to do anything about it...other than contact insurance and have an estimate written.

*While preparing for our week-long trip to California, the 2 year old decides she wants to start using the potty, PERFECT timing!

*We took a glorious trip full of cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings, parents, and fun, see group pic in previous post!

*We rushed back for Savi's dance recital (and mandatory dress rehearsal), where she was a Sassy Crow in the Wizard of Oz.

*We learned my MasterCard number had fallen into the hands of a thief who was racking up charges online, mostly at iTunes. Cancelled card, paperwork ensues.

*I prepare to feed 40 at Girl's Camp, arrange childcare for the 3 days Dad has to work and launch myself into a fun-filled camping trip that is as much fun as it is work, at least! Battle wounds included.

*The morning I am packing up the car for said camp, I find a Car Starter (in a box, totally sealed) on my passenger seat. My glove box is tossed all over the car. I assume Chris left it there and was looking for something. Left it in the garage. As I returned at the end of the week, Chris asks me where it came from. Turns out, someone must have broken into the car, been scared off by something/someone before they had a chance to steal anything, and left someone else's stolen property on the seat of my car. Chris said there were signs later that week that an intruder had been in the backyard looking for a way in. How often does someone break into a car and LEAVE SOMETHING BEHIND?? Weird.

*I return from Girl's Camp, have 1 day to recover and then dive into menu planning and laundry for our annual Camping Trip as a Family! 6 out of 8 nights on the ground for me. But, it was our BEST EVER camping trip as a family. We're reaching the point where our kids are independent and fun...and not so much work to maintain outdoors.

*We've now returned from our trip, and the last month is full of wonderful memories of friends and extended family.

I am so grateful for wonderful friends, especially the ones that cared for our kids while I was gone, who I called the weekend before....each of them was happy to help, not one person I called turned me away! They are all fabulous, my kids had the best time! Dare I say, they hardly missed me at all. I hope I get to repay the favor one day. (Hugs!)

5 comments:

  1. seriously though!! is it really july?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broken in car, almost broken in house and stolen mastercard???? Get out of here! Someone must be casing your house - maybe the thief that took Chris belongings before??? What a wild time you've had in 30 days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought when I read "car starter on the passenger seat" was an attempted burglar running scared. Man, that's really freaky. The thing that always freaks me out is when Jimmie parked in the driveway and doesn't lock his car, because that's instant access to our home via the garage door opener. He just doesn't get why that bugs me.

    Kinda weird that the guy didn't even take it out of the package before hand...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it is freaking me out a bit. They had access to our house through the car too. I ALWAYS lock the car, but obviously it wasn't locked that night. I think the kids must have gone out to get something they left in the car and forgotten to lock it up when they were done.....that's all I can come up with.

    We've since talked as a family about how important it is to make sure EVERYTHING is locked up at all times to protect our property, and US!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on the time flying.... Sorry about the crazy going on's, but we LOVED having your kids. Can't wait to see you all when we get back from our trip.

    ReplyDelete