Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Treats

I feel like all my posts have been about food lately. It's strange. I have a lot of other things going on, but this is what ends up on my camera. ;P

I was supposed to bring brownies to a girl gathering last week. We got together for a friend's birthday and had snacks and pedicures after the kids' bedtimes. It was glorious!

I didn't actually have a brownie mix as I went to make them that afternoon, but I DID have a chocolate fudge cake mix, so I improvised and threw together some Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies, aka C3 Cookies. YUM.

They were a hit with the kids as they were, but when they discovered that this thin cookie makes a really excellent ice cream sandwich, they disappeared really quickly!!

C3 Cookies
  • 1 Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional - - I did not use any)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
  2. Place cake mix, eggs, butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl. Stir with spoon until thoroughly blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
  3. Bake at 350 ºF for 12 minutes for chewy cookies (cookies will still be puffed) or 14 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.

1 comment: