Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dirt, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails


...that's what little boys are made of.

And so, if you are the parent of a son, you may occasionally find any or all of the above in some pretty unexpected places.

I give you, Exhibit A:
"What IS IT?", you might ask.


It's what we call around here, "a concoction". You never can tell what you have until it starts to melt. TO BE HONEST, I much prefer to find these "experiments" in the freezer to, say, under his bed, or on the bathroom counter...at least the temperature keeps them from "growing things". I'm not kidding. I once found a water bottle (sealed, at least) on his closet floor whose contents looked greenish-blue, slimy and carbonated....

There are also times that I find a recycled dentyne blister pack filled up with OJ or lemonade and frozen, you know, flavored ice cubes....don't mind those so much, when they don't get spilled on the way IN.
This time,(after the melt), we have the lovely combo of RED CAROLINA CLAY, FESCUE (grass) and WATER. I chucked it out onto the lawn and called it a day.

Wonder what I'll find next?

3 comments:

  1. Think of how smart he is getting with all that experimenting. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, you have a little scientist in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. With Russell I usually find my unpleasant little surprises in his room or on the couch or UNDER the couch. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete