Saturday, February 27, 2010

Creation

I made this little bauble for my niece Mia. She just turned 8, and is being baptized today, on the other side of the country. I wanted to send something that would mean something to her today, and in the future. I love how it turned out, and I hope she loves it too!

I love creating things. Whether it is a bracelet, a silly made-up rhyme to tease my kids with, a delicious meal, a clean and harmonious home, or a smile on someone else's face. It brings me profound joy, my heart delights in it. I think sometimes that I was created so that I could create. I believe that we all were.

So whatever it is that you are great at, whatever you enjoy creating, keep at it. It makes the world a much more beautiful place!

5 comments:

  1. love you forsythia wreaths! yes, keep creating, I love seeing others' projects...it inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! I am sure you have seen that youtube video of Elder Uchtdorf and his talk on "Creating." So inspiring to us women who love to create! Such a cute idea for a baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you have time to do bead. I am positive that I haven't even seen my fun beading potential treasures since I was last with you. Make something fun for both of us.

    ReplyDelete