Friday, April 24, 2009

Blue Moon

Have you ever heard someone say, "Once in a Blue Moon, I'll......eat tofu, actually watch a chick flick with my wife, cry in front of strangers, laugh so loud my soda shoots out my nose?"

I'm not sure how regularly blue moons occur, but based on the phrase, I'll venture to guess that it isn't all that often. Same goes for what is so lusciously illustrated below...

On Wednesday, our Blue Moon happened. Both kids that are home in the afternoon fell asleep and NAPPED! For a good 90 minutes!!! I was absolutely aghast and delighted at the same time when I stumbled upon them.


I almost didn't know what to do with all the peace and quiet. Syd is very irregular with her napping routines recently, as she doesn't want to miss out on playing with her brother. So even having her down is always a pleasant surprise.
I ended up outside in the glorious weather, inspecting my hydrangea bushes to see if there are any signs of life yet. To my delight, they are starting to sprout some leaves! Yay! I can't wait for their blossoms every year, they are finicky and need a lot of hand watering, but it's always worth it!


2 comments:

  1. Glorious!! Nap time is a must at our house! What a great surprise to have some quiet time...Mason just saw Gunnar in the picture and wants him to know that he loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a blue moon is the second full moon in any calendar month. Since the moon is full every 28 days, having that happen twice in a calendar month happens...wait for it...once in a blue moon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete