Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Tale of Two Parties



It was the best of times, it was the best of times!! Gunnar had the occasion to attend 2 birthday parties back to back! He has never been invited to a friend's party before, and I guess, when it rains, it pours.
The first was a rock climbing party, and a parent was needed to belee each climber. Dad was away at the Stanford/Cal game that weekend, so the girls were left with a sitter and Gunnar and Mom had some one on one time. Always a good thing! We had a great time and learned alot about a sport neither of us had been exposed to. His friend, the birthday boy, was SO excited when he got there, it made him feel great. We are both quite fond of Indiana Erik! He's a great friend and we had such a good time at his birthday.
Once we were done climbing the walls, we headed home to relieve the sitter (who had done hair and mani/pedis on the girls :) ) and take Savannah to dance. Directly after that, we ran Gunnar to party #2 with Sam, where he would enter Jedi training. His cute Mom had her hair done Princess Leah style (I'm bummed I didn't have my camera on me for that one) and 7-8 cute little Jedis-in-training in outfits she had sewn herself. I don't know how I'm ever going to compete with these creative parties come March, I'm telling you!!
Gunnar had a great time, and came home on a sugar high from all the cake and treats! I'm so glad he's making good friends at school, we have been a bit concerned about how girl-heavy our little neighborhood is and we're relieved that his world is expanding. He is great at being a friend and it's nice to see the results of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment