Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snowbird Tram

2 years ago

Last year


One of our annual traditions is a fun one for the kids and a great way to double check that our cold-weather gear is up to par! Snowbird holds a food drive/customer appreciaiton weekend (well, actually 2 weekends) where you can donate 1 canned food item per person and receive a free tram ticket. We bring our 5 cans, and have a great family outing! This year because of the storm, I didn't bring my camera because I knew we wouldn't be able to get any clear shots. I'm kicking myself though because there was a TON of snow, and the kids had a blast! We spent the week purchasing bibs and boots (a lot harder than you would think with my texture freaks, my friends) and were finally ready by the weekend. Whew.
It was about 37 degrees at the bottom of the tram, and 18 degrees at the top. Everything stayed warm but our faces, so I think we're set for the winter! The snow came up to Syd's knees, and in some of the drifts to her waist. She mimicked her sibs in her usual style and was tossing snowballs at them in no time. It was nice powdery snow, and only a few balls went in anyone's face. By accident Mom, I swear!! Right.

If you happen to be local, it runs next Saturday and Sunday 10/18 & 19 from 10-5. Make sure you give yourself an hour... in other words, arrive before 4, so you don't miss out!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun outing...in the snow and all. Thanks for the heads up on the free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, we are going to make that TREK I think.

    ReplyDelete