Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jazzy

Savannah is currently playing in the Jr. Jazz Basketball program. It's her first foray into the sport and she likes it much better than soccer. I guess you just have to keep trying new things on and find out what fits. It's only an 8 week program, but the kids get a jersey, team picture, 2 complimentary tickets to a Jazz game, 3 skill clinics and play about 4 games. She and her friend are the only 2 girls on the team (It's co-ed in 2nd grade), and they think "that rocks".

Monday night was our free Jazz game. They played against the Warriors, which was fun for me because I grew up in the Golden State. The game was neck and neck the whole time, but the Jazz took it by 5 points in the end, much to the delight of the little ones, they wanted to see the confetti fall from the ceiling. Savi was screaming so loud I thought she'd lose her voice. And the girls were up on the chairs dancing during time-outs and such. It was a great time, and I think it was good for her to see the pros at work. It's really amazing, I'm a tall person, but those players are FREAKISHLY tall. I guess that's why they're pro-ballers!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun date for you guys! She seems like she might have the physique of a basketball player - she's got double tall genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not forget the incredible noise makers and free tacos. We however, have decided that the company was the best part of the game. Go JAZZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugghhhh, how could I have forgotten the noise makers, I have at least a dozen laying all over my house. They've also served as swords. :) The free taco coupons are still in my jeans pocket....guess we'd better get on that! Lucky they had 6 blocks, or we'd not have gotten them! You guys are awesome, we had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your little girl is old enough to play basketball. I have feeling those days are going to come quickly for us too. Anyway miss you. Jace is wearing the teddy bear onesie's you gave him now. They are super cute. Thanks again. Anyway hope you guys had a great christmas.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacob is doing Jr. Jazz too. Lot's of fun!

    ReplyDelete