Monday, January 5, 2009

SOUPY-STA!


The title is how my, will-be-2-on-Friday, Sydney-Bear, says Super Star. It's the cutest thing ever. She says it for the camera, instead of "cheese"....

Which reminds me that I promised my SIL, Katie, my knock-off Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli recipe. I took this to a neighborhood Soup Potluck and it was GONE at the end of the night. It seriously tastes JUST like Olive Garden's.

So, here goes!
Pasta E Fagioli

1 1/2 lbs Ground beef (or turkey)
1 med Onion, chopped
4 lg Carrots, slivered
4 stalks Celery, diced
2-14 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
1-15 oz can Red Kidney beans
1-15 oz can White Kidney beans
6 cups beef stock
1 1/2 Tsp Oregano
1 tsp Pepper
3 tsp Parsley, fresh chopped
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 jar Spaghetti sauce - I HIGHLY recommend Emeril's Marinara
4-6 ounces dry pasta, Shell macaroni

Directions:
Preparation: Saute beef in oil in large (8 quart) pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce and pasta. Add chopped parsley. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.


SPEED METHOD:

Boil pasta in water in a seperate pot. In another pot, steam carrots and celery together. Add all 3 to remainder of soup when ready to serve. (I tried this to make sure the pasta didn't get to soft/gummy, and that the carrots would not be undercooked - it worked out so well!)


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy! I will be sharing this with my soup-er soup lovin' friends! Thanks for taking time to post it! Stay warm.... hugs, S

    ReplyDelete