Friday, January 16, 2009

Project Zone

Who in their right mind paints a ceiling any color other than white? (this one is yellow, if you can't tell) Oh, and that light fixture? Gone.
Sadly, the camo fighter jets and helis don't match with that girly headboard...we're gonna fix THAT!
This is where we started
Caterpillar Green is the happiest of colors! Don't YOU think so?
We're doing the legs of the headboard (waiting to be upholstered) too.
Getting there...
Upholstered, ta da!
Headboard, meet bed.

This is the current progress on Gunnar's room. He's bummed that we can't put everything up on the walls yet because we're waiting on the paint to cure. But after priming walls and the ceiling, two coats of white, then two coats of blue, not to mention the green, I feel like he should be happy to be sleeping in his bed again.
Once both rooms are totally put together, I'll post the finished product!
I need to rest now.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Looking great! I especially admire that you painted in your kitchen -- I guess it's too cold for outside -- and your floor isn't green!!! :-) And, I must say, that covered headboard is AWESOME! You're brave to undertake it all and good at it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S, it WAS too cold, even in the garage... But I had a wet sponge handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy bee. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking -- if you got really ambitious, you could mask off the detail trim on the walls and paint those green to match the desk and headboard. That'd look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's starting to look like a boy room. Rest up when you're done with the bedrooms so you'll be ready to tackle the kitchen and LR at the end of the month. I'm ready for a project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. S - I'm sure that would look really cool. However, just thinking of doing that makes me shudder and want to curl up into a ball at this point. Just taping the around the accents by the door frames was AWFUL! I think I'll just leave 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go girl. That is such a cute color scheme (sp?). Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you! At least you know your "breaking point"! Some things can be left alone and it's just fine. Like a good hair day....if you touch it too much trying to get it perfect, you ruin it. Or go crazy.

    ReplyDelete